Monday, July 22, 2013

THE EMOTIONAL SCARS OF ACNE...

TOP ACNE SKIN CARE TREATMENT IN CHICO       916SKIN - ACNE CLINIC

People who have suffered from acne develop certain mannerisms as a result of their skin condition. Typically, it is avoidance and isolation. Positioning themselves in the classroom or at the dinner table, in a way that hides the worst side of their face. Choosing home delivery over going out to dinner. Not applying for a desired job.  Not asking their crush out on a date. Calling in sick to work or skipping classes, often to the point of failing.

TAKEN FROM AN ACNE FORUM:
"I've been fighting cystic acne for over 10 years. My skin looks so gross and disgusting today that I can't even get myself out the door to get food or go to my classes. There's nothing to eat in the refrigerator and I am so hungry, but the thought of going through the drive-thru is mortifying. I've been battling this for over a decade and it's exhausting."

IN SOME CASES, EVEN AFTER THE SKIN HAS CLEARED AND THE COMPLEXION LOOKS SMOOTH AND RADIANT, THERE ARE EMOTIONAL SCARS LEFTOVER FROM ACNE THAT NEED TO BE HEALED. POST-TREATMENT COUNSELING HAS HELPED MANY OF OUR PATIENTS BLOSSOM INTO THE CONFIDENT BEINGS THEY WERE DESTINED TO BE.  (530) 680.2027